In qualifying, the car felt like it had fuel surge even though the tank was full so I came in to the pits. After parc ferme it wouldn't start at all. Craig found a loose wire in the engine bay, fixed that and it seemed ok. In race 1, an oil leak from the front seal got worse & was leaking oil onto my left front wheel and tyre. That made it pretty slippery. In race 2, the power steering failed on the first lap so I was going to come in, but decided to stay out and wrestle it around for 8 laps to get some points.
Race 3 went a bit better. I had power steering and a little more grip. I did find out the wrong way that I had too much rear brake bias (the back stepped out the first time I braked hard), after a quick adjustment I was on my way. Finished 3rd.
I felt like I was having "one of those days", but the end result was actually quite good. I was off the pace but there was a lot of attrition in our category (6 entered, down to 2 by the final race) so I did get a good points haul to start the season. I qualified 5th, finished 4th in race 1, 3rd in races 2 & 3, and 2nd in race 4. Now the engine is coming out so we can finish it for Bathurst and be more competitive. And we will have some new tyres instead of running on a set purchased in 2012. No damage on the car, no gremlins that weren't fixable, so it's all good!
As usual, here's a video with some highlights: